Milan, February 27, 2023 – Prada announces the tenth installment of its Timecapsule NFT collection. The March 2 release, the last in a series of three T-shirts, features special prints by Italian photographer Enzo Ragazzini from his archives of the 1960s and 1970s.
Titled INTERFERENZA OTTICA ART PRINT BY ENZO RAGAZZINI, 1969, the March T-shirt will feature a design made in 1969 for Enzo Ragazzini’s exhibition at the Institute of Contemporary Art in London (ICA) with the optical interference technique, using mechanical devices of his invention (the “rotating plane” for circular patterns and the “rotating drum” for horizontal ones). This work was subsequently digitized in 2017.
The T-shirt is popeline, with Prada’s enameled triangle logo and “MARCH” transferred on the back of the T-shirt. Each T-shirt comes with its own NFT giveaway, which serves as an invitation to join Prada’s exclusive Crypted NFT community.
Prada continues to expand its Web3 community to those who purchased a Prada Timecapsule prior to the NFT initiative, which launched in June 2022.
The Timecapsule collection was first launched in December 2019 and has now reached its 39th iteration. Collection holders are able to claim their own Timecapsule NFT that is synced with their physical product.
More information can be found on the Prada Crypted Community on Discord.
- The Prada Timecapsule drop will be available for 24 hours starting from March 2nd, 2023 at 3pm CET to customers in various countries including Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Mainland, Cyprus, Croatia, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong S.A.R., Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxemburg, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Estonia, Republic of Korea, Denmark, Romania, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Finland, Taiwan (China), United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, China, and United States.
- Each drop is limited to 50 items.
To be eligible for the drop:
To participate in the drop you must be a member of the Prada Discord Channel where all information on the RSVP process will be shared with community members.
- You must hold a Prada Timecapsule NFT in your wallet that was purchased directly from Prada or the secondary market.
- Additionally, you must be part of the Prada Crypted Discord and have been verified as a holder with a green tick in the Prada Crypted Discord.
- To prove verification in the Prada Crypted Discord, you must be verified as a holder and have a green tick next to your name.
About Enzo Ragazzini
Enzo Ragazzini was born in Rome in 1934. In the late fifties, he began an intense photographic activity working also on optical and graphic experiments then unpublished, expanding his research in the field of visual perception and optical phenomena.
In 1969, he took part in the first photography exhibition held at the Institute of Contemporary Art in London (ICA) called “Four Photographers in Contrast.” The exhibit featured Don McCullin, Tony Ray Jones, the photographer Dorothy Bohm, and him.
He made one of the first covers of the English magazine “Time Out”. He also held a solo exhibition at the Oxford Museum of Modern Art on his optical research in the darkroom.
In 2001 he held a solo exhibition at the Galleria Comunale d’Arte Moderna e Contemporanea di Roma (GCAMC now MACRO) entitled Luci Rosse.
About Prada Timecapsule NFT
The Timecapsule giveaway is a monthly online event that takes place on the first Thursday of each month. Limited quantities of products from the Timecapsule collection are offered for sale for 24 hours.
Every Timecapsule item of the limited edition has a distinct serial number and comes with custom packaging for delivery. Customers who purchase the Timecapsule will be eligible to redeem the corresponding NFT.
By following this procedure, Prada ensures uniformity and coherence between the exclusivity of the Prada Timecapsule and the rarity of the matching NFTs.
Each NFT comprises the serial number of the drop and the serial number of the corresponding physical item. As a result, there is a direct association between tangible and digital products.
NFT owners can participate in exclusive benefits and experiences, as well as gain priority access to future drops.
Prada Timecapsule NFTs are issued on Ethereum infrastructure, which offers a secure and user-friendly experience.
Prada has been a symbol of avant-garde fashion since 1913. Its intellectual realm merges concepts, structures, and images using codes that transcend fashion trends.
Its fashion transcends products, translating conceptuality into a universe that has become a reference for those who dare to challenge conventions by focusing on experimentation.
The Prada brand is part of the Prada Group, a world leader in the luxury goods industry, which also owns the Miu Miu, Church’s, and Car Shoe brands, and produces and distributes luxury leather goods, footwear, and apparel.
Follow us on our social networks and keep up with everything that happens in the Metaverse!
Twitter Linkedin Facebook Telegram Instagram Google News