NEW YORK CITY, April 13, 2023 – Burn Ghost, a skill-based game platform where players can win NFTs, Digital Collectibles, and other prizes, is officially launching to the public at NFT.NYC on April 13. The launch coincides with an experiential event at LUME Studios in Tribeca from 3:00-5:00 pm EDT.
Burn Ghost will initially launch with casual game category trivia, with a wide range of additional casual games on the horizon. There will also be an announcement of a Q2 release of a series of NFT player cards (Game Controllers), that provides the owner with special access to gated competitions and additional site features.
The launch tournament is open to Genesis Pass holders and NFT.NYC VIPs at 5:00 pm EDT. Eligible players can enter for free to win crypto and NFTs via 9 live games per day with 3 that end in 24 hours, 3 that end in 72 hours, 3 that end one week. The total prize value is roughly $20,000.
Also revealed today are the results of a survey Burn Ghost issued to their community on Discord, social media, and via email. Nearly 400 people responded (a whopping 89% male, 66% from the U.S., 45% aged 25-34, and 36% aged 18-24), yielding a number of insights about the gaming community. A strong majority of respondents, 87%, play Web3 games.
Most surprising perhaps is the finding that gamers would still prefer digital collectibles and NFTs over cash when asked, “What’s the best reward you’ve won gaming?”
- 41% responded “NFTs and Digital Collectibles”
- 21% responded with “Cash”
The most popular types of casual games identified by respondents:
- Trivia (32%)
- Casino (29%)
- Endless Runners (25%)
- Puzzles (24%)
Additional key findings on the preferences of gamers:
- The majority of respondents prefer multiplayer games (56%).
- The majority of respondents prefer PC gaming as their favorite console or device (58%).
- More people surveyed play games for 1-5 hours/week (47%), followed by 6-10 hours and hardcore > 30-hour gamers tied at 22% each.
- Far fewer people surveyed are intense gamers who seek to master a game, take risks, and show measurable progress (23%, 8%, and 6% respectively). Most people enjoy games to relax, socialize and have fun (33%, 26% and 45% respectively).
- Respondents prefer games with Shooters (FPS and TPS), Multiplayer Online Battle Arenas (MOBA), and Role-Playing (RPG, ARPG etc.) to other game types at 33%, 25% and 31% respectively.
- When discovering new games, respondents still turn first to friends (58%), then Discord (42%) and Online Search (33%). Respondents are less inclined to find them from Digital ads (15%) or TV ads (6%).
- The respondents were fairly evenly split in their preference for Competitive vs. Casual Games (50% vs. 47%).
- The majority of respondents are comfortable purchasing in-game transactions (75%).
“These results signal to us that there is a desire for casual gaming experiences in the web3 environment. Players want to socialize and have some fun without a significant commitment of time. Also, despite some hesitation in the market for NFTs and digital collectibles overall, web3 gamers remain eager for these prizes as rewards – even over cash” said Steve Curran, Burn Ghost CEO and co-founder and gaming industry veteran.
“Casual Gaming has always been the largest sector of the gaming industry, but it wasn’t addressed well in Web3,” Curran said in an interview with Authority Magazine. “Most blockchain games require a significant investment of time to learn a game and to hone your skills. This creates a barrier to entry for many players who just want a quick escape during a break.”
Curran intends to bridge that gap with Burn Ghost’s casual gaming platform while applying his decades of experience in developing award-winning interactive entertainment for companies such as Sony Entertainment and Warner Brothers.
Burn Ghost’s launch is supported by great partners who are among the most influential companies in the industry: BITKRAFT, a global investment platform for gaming, Web3, and immersive technology, Drive by Draftkings, a multi-stage venture capital firm investing in sports tech and entertainment, and Pillar VC, a venture capital firm supporting founders with early-stage and seed VC funding.
About Burn Ghost
Burn Ghost allows users to win NFTs by playing games of skill. The games featured on the platform are quick, test your knowledge, and are a lot of fun to challenge your friends with.
Burn Ghost is focused on games that are instantly familiar and accessible for anyone to play competitively. The platform will open with trivia but quickly expand to other casual games.
The project has built into the platform ways that give any player a shot at winning. With partnerships with industry leaders, including BITKRAFT Ventures, Drive by DraftKings, and Pillar VC, the company has brought the top minds and resources to the platform from a creative, business, marketing, and technology perspective.
About Steve Curran
CEO, Co-Founder, Burn Ghost Games Steve Curran is a creator, technologist, and entrepreneur with extensive experience in the development of interactive entertainment and marketing solutions utilizing games, virtual reality, augmented reality, and other emerging media.
He has directed award-winning entertainment-based solutions for clients such as Red Bull Records, Sony Entertainment, Warner Brothers, Atlantic Records, Puma, The History Channel, A+E Television, Burger King, Mattel, Animal Planet, and many others.
He is the author of two books on design, part of a 30-year career that has been at the interaction of games, entertainment, and innovation in digital media.
Official Burn Ghost links:
Follow us on our social networks and keep up with everything that happens in the Metaverse!