Everything is ready for the launch of Axie Infinity Origin on April 7 and its developer team is revealing details about its long-awaited arena mode.
On this occasion, the person in charge of showing the previews was the co-founder of the Game And Earn IO project, Amy Peniston, who has dedicated herself to elaborating guides on diverse topics of Axie Infinity.
Are you ready to dive into #AxieOrigin Arena battles?!
Check out the brand new @axie_tech Arena Guide to learn about:
⭐️ Arena game modes
⭐️ The new ranking system
⭐️ Challenger sphere, leaderboards & more!
— amy 🦇🔊 (@amypeniston) April 4, 2022
It is important to mention that many of the pre-release announcements have been presented by prominent members of the Axie Infinity community, who have provided details about power-ups and new game formats.
Axie Infinity’s arena mode, a competitive arena
Axie Infinity has been noted for its level of competitiveness, as players from around the world compete against each other for positions that offer rewards in its native token, the AXL.
Axie Infinity’s arena mode tests fighting skills and strategy, which will now make it necessary to know how to use power-ups such as Runes, Amulets and new cards.
The new version will feature 3 arena battle modes:
- Practice Mode: thanks to this space, new and experienced players will be able to test the new cards and propose strategies to obtain victory. Within this format, there is no ranking.
- Qualifier Mode: each player fights battles under the same practice format, but obtaining a position within the ranking and generating Victory Stars.
- Tournament Mode: this mode will be periodically performed after the release of the alpha version, at the moment there are no further details.
What will be the battle system?
It presents important differences with what was seen in the previous version of Axie Infinity.
The first one is that for Origin arena mode battles the order of play will be determined randomly, unlike version 1.3, where each Axie attacked according to his fighting speed.
Each player who is chosen for the second turn will receive a special card to exchange for additional energy during the battle.
The turns will last a maximum of 60 seconds, a system that brings more dynamism to the duel.
Players who are inactive for 2 consecutive turns will have 10 seconds to return to the game, otherwise they will lose the battle.
What are Victory Stars?
This new element included for the first time in Axie Infinity Origin will allow players to rank up by achieving victory in ranked mode. Depending on the level, the amount of Victory Stars obtained will vary.
To move up, each rank has Victory Star requirements, in which there is also the option to be demoted by the number of battles lost.
- Upon winning, each user receives 2 Victory Stars.
- If there is a tie, no Victory Stars are awarded.
- If the duel is lost, one Victory Star is lost.