Singapore, 10 January 2023 – Building on the momentum of its Golden Jubilee celebrations last year, Sentosa Development Corporation (SDC) today unveiled a new brand identity along with a new tagline. Sentosa brand offers local and international visitors new ways to discover new experiences and celebrate connections in Sentosa.
Sentosa, where discovery never ends
The new brand identity gives prominence to the island and reflects Sentosa’s efforts to better connect with its audience through leisure experiences that enhance the island’s natural attributes and offer visitors of moments and emotions to discover for themselves.
Thien Kwee Eng, Director General of SDC, said, “Singaporeans and travelers of the future are discerning and are looking for high quality leisure experiences that allow them to connect with each other and discover more about themselves. Sentosa is well placed to meet this need, as the island’s natural environment inspires SDC to continue to create new experiences that allow our guests to forge new bonds and foster deeper relationships with each other. We hope that more tourists and international travelers will come to experience the many facets of the island and discover a new side of themselves.”
The refreshed brand is based on four new values:
- Island Soul: a celebration of the island’s natural and physical attributes, such as sun, sand, sea, and nature.
- Island Connection: creating experiences for guests to establish new bonds and strengthen existing ones, with their loved ones and themselves.
- Island Discovery-Arousing curiosity and the desire to explore and discover new facets of Sentosa or to use Sentosa as a gateway to new experiences, perspectives, and destinations.
- Future of the island-Commitment to sustainability and social responsibility to preserve and for the enjoyment of future generations.
The new tagline “Where Discovery Never Ends” is inspired by the island’s many unexpected sights, sounds, and experiences and conveys the promise of the multitude of offerings and sense of personal renewal that await its visitors on every visit.
For more information on the new brand identity, visit https://www.sentosa.com.sg/discoveryneverends or see Exhibit A.
The time is ripe for renewal
SDC has always sought to offer authentic experiences in line with what its guests are looking for, guided by global trends and travel insights over the years.
Studies in recent years have shown that the need for leisure and bonding opportunities remains a key human need.
In fact, some studies suggest that increased leisure time could result in greater overall well-being1.
Furthermore, according to the 2022 report “Understanding The New Traveller,” produced by WGSN for the SingapoReimagine Global Conversations2, some travelers are seeking renewed purpose through new experiences and opportunities for self-discovery.
For more information on the most recent study commissioned by SDC to better understand its guests, see Annex B.
In light of evolving guest needs and the desire to discover new experiences, SDC has created new leisure offerings over the course of its Golden Golden. leisure offerings over the course of its Golden Anniversary. These include:
- Sentosa’s inaugural wellness festival, Zentosa Fest, which leveraged Sentosa’s scenic setting and its of Sentosa to become a perfect wellness haven, in response to the growing demand for more health and wellness offerings.
demand for more health and wellness offerings amidst the pandemic.
- The inaugural Sentosa Food Fest, spanned 10 consecutive weeks of exciting dining experiences that allowed guests to connect and bond over succulent food at Sentosa. In addition to the popular Sentosa GrillFest held at Siloso Beach, the Sentosa Food Fest was also held at participating businesses across Sentosa Island, allowing visitors to discover new cuisines and more ways to bond.
- Explorers of Sentosa, created by internationally renowned, Copenhagen-based recycling artist Thomas Dambo, who encouraged visitors to explore and search for the family of giants hidden in Palawan
- A revamped Sentosa Islander loyalty program, which rewards Sentosa fans when they enjoy more forms of leisure on Sentosa. The program also allows SDC to better highlight new experiences and rewards for members, allowing them to discover new experiences the next time they visit the island.
More discoveries in the offing
To further reinforce the sense of discovery, in line with its refreshed brand positioning, Sentosa will make its first foray into the metaverse, through a virtual space known as SentosaLand.
Hosted on the Roblox gaming platform, visitors will be able to explore and discover a fantastical reimagining of the island of Sentosa, while taking a break from the hustle and bustle of life.
For more information about SentosaLand, visit https://www.sentosa.com.sg/sentosaland or see Exhibit C.
Looking ahead, Sentosa will host a wide range of new leisure offerings and experiences. These include new low-carbon leisure experiences in the nearby South Islands, which will expand the Sentosa getaway and help visitors better appreciate the islands’ rich history, flora, and fauna.
In addition, guests will be able to enjoy new offerings such as:
- Tipsy Unicorn Beach Club at Siloso Beach in April 2023.
- Raffles Sentosa Resort & Spa, Singapore’s first all-villa hotel, with 62 villas.
- The Palawan @ Sentosa, Shangri-La Group’s upcoming lifestyle zone on Palawan Beach.
- Sentosa Sensoryscape, the first milestone of the Sentosa-Brani Master Plan.
Sentosa, where discovery never ends, is Asia’s premier leisure destination and Singapore’s premier island. of Singapore, located 15 minutes from the business center and shopping districts. The resort is managed by Sentosa Development Corporation, which works with various stakeholders to oversee real estate investments, attraction development, operation of the various leisure offerings, and management of the island’s residential area. and management of the island’s residential area.
The 500-hectare resort is home to a variety of themed attractions, award-winning spas, lush jungles, golden sandy beaches, accommodations, world-renowned golf courses, a deep-water marina and luxurious residences, making Sentosa a vibrant resort for business and leisure.
Sentosa is also home to Singapore’s first integrated resort, Resorts World Sentosa, which features Southeast Asia’s first Universal Studios theme park.
At the eastern end of Sentosa Island is Sentosa Cove, an exclusive waterfront residential enclave with more than 2,000 homes, waterfront restaurants, retail, and specialty stores.
The island is also proud to be home to the Sentosa Golf Club and its two acclaimed golf courses, The Serapong and The Tanjong.
The Sentosa Golf Club has hosted several high-profile professional and amateur tournaments, including the Singapore Open and the HSBC Women’s World Championship, and has welcomed international stars and world-class golf professionals.
Sentosa, which welcomes an increasing number of local and international visitors each year, is an integral part of Singapore’s goal to become a global destination. of Singapore’s goal to become a global destination to work, live and play.
For more information, visit www.sentosa.com.sg
About Sentosa Development Corporation
Sentosa Development Corporation (SDC) was established on September 1, 1972, as a statutory board under the Ministry of Trade and Industry. Since its inception, its mission has been to oversee the development, management, marketing, and promotion of Sentosa Island as a tourist destination for locals and tourists.
SDC wholly owns its subsidiaries Sentosa Cove Resort Management Pte Ltd and Sentosa Golf Club Pte Ltd. SDC also owns the Singapore Cable Car Sky Network, managed by Mount Faber Leisure Group Pte Ltd,
operating as a stand-alone commercial arm.
As a testament to its commitment to sustainability, SDC has been awarded the Global Sustainable Sustainable Tourism Award (GSTC-D), making Sentosa the first island destination in Asia to receive this award. to receive this award.
Follow us on our social networks and keep up to date with everything that happens in the Metaverse!.