Companies New Frontier and Enjin signed an agreement this week with the goal of transforming the tourism industry through Non-Fungible Tokens (NFTs), a press release reported.
Through QR codes and blockchain products, New Frontier aims to change the tourism industry, as 1/4 of Web 3.0 visitors want digital experiences when visiting places in the real world.
— New Frontier – NFT/ Metaverse for Tourism (@NFTInnovations) May 10, 2022
In that sense, New Frontier will enhance the experience of web surfers around the world by enabling them to earn rewards through the Enjin ecosystem in the following ways:
- Loyalty and rewards programs.
- Treasure hunts.
- Booking incentives.
- Access to events.
Using Enjin’s blockchain product stack and Beam’s QR codes, New Frontier is enabling tourism agencies around the world to digitally enhance and gamify the visitor experience, with NFTs that provide utility through loyalty and rewards programs, games, scavenger hunts, registration and booking incentives, storytelling, event access and more.
Enhancing visitor experience with Blockchain
“We intend to be an adoption conduit for the rest of the Enjin ecosystem. Tourism has the potential to unlock the problems seen in the gaming industry by showing the positive and engaging side of NFTs.” – Graeme Stevens, Co-Founder, New Frontier
New Frontier believes that NFTs enhance and complement the physical visitor experience, creating a digital layer of interactive fun and engaging visitors before and after their visit.
Welcome @NFTInnovations to the Enjin ecosystem!
— Enjin (@enjin) May 9, 2022
Countries where New Frontier operates
Institutional tourism companies in the UK, Mexico, Spain and New Zealand are among those already working with New Frontier.
New Frontier’s collaborators in the metaverse
- The Great Tapestry of Scotland: this program designs Non Fungible Tokens (NFT) related to historical themes. It has a cryptogame where you must search for an interactive treasure (physical-digital) through “hidden scrolls”.
- Island Adventure: in this cryptogame you will be on a treasure hunt. Visitors must collect themed NFTs at various points to make their metaverse interactive.
- Victoria & Albert Museum (V&A): in this digital universe you will be invited to participate in a fashion symposium in London, collecting information about the event.
- Quintana Roo Regional Government: here you will have to issue certificates based on non-fungible tokens for tourist guides of the Mexican State.
- Gencat Catalonia: here you will have to explore tourism opportunities in Spain to take advantage of the benefits of the metaverse.
New Frontier’s Roadmap
New Frontier has an exciting year ahead, with partnerships and educational campaigns alongside its ongoing activations:
- Official partners of TravelTech Scotland, Association of Scottish Visitor Attractions (ASVA), The Great Tapestry of Scotland and Isle of Arran.
- Official webinar for attractions: Virtual and hybrid tourism in the metaverse.
- Publication of version 1 of the tourism metaverse playbook for Scotland.
- Launch of the Tourism Metaverse in Spanish for Latin America.
- Securing partnerships with tourism authorities and companies in strategic destinations.
- Metaverse and tourism education application
- IDO token of $TAY
- Launch of first projects with utility in the Enjin ecosystem.
The Enjin ecosystem
The Enjin ecosystem is a collaborative community of developers building innovative games, apps and NFT projects.
Through our ecosystem, we aim to provide the resources and support needed to create and launch a successful blockchain game or app:
- Showcase: Present your project to gain exposure to hundreds of thousands of Enjin community members and NFT enthusiasts.
- Collaborate: Join a community of fellow innovators to collaborate on joint marketing campaigns, shared NFTs and Metaverse projects.
- Get funded: Apply for our Metaverse Fund and connect with our network of investors and technology accelerators.
- Community support: Get tips and tricks from other developers on how to use our blockchain tools.